Hard chrome plating processdemonstrates excellent hardness and lubricity, and is the premier engineering choice to reduce friction, minimize wear and prevent galling. These characteristics are applicable for critical engineering applications, including: machine tool cutting surfaces, cylinder bores, strut rods, crankshafts and hydraulic shafts. Hard chrome is also applied to molds because of its low surface energy and resultant release properties. We can hard chrome plating process steel, aluminum, or copper materials, as well as many exotic alloys.
Automotive: pistons, shock absorbers and other parts that see high cycles over long periods of time are hard chrome plateing process for durability and lubricity.
Machine Tools: drills, taps, dies, extrusion screws and rolls are hard chrome plateing process to extend life and improve performance.
Gears: hard chrome plating process prevents galling and extends life in low-friction applications.
Salvage: hard chrome plating process can be used to restore worn parts to their original dimensions or bring miss-machined parts into tolerance.
Plastic and Rubber Molds:hard chrome plating process provides anti-stick/release properties for plastic molds across all industries.
The practical wear and corrosion advantages of hard chrome plating process are what makes it so popular, but there are other advantages that make it even more appealing:
• It can be applied to a wide range of metals, including stainless steel, copper, brass and more
• Can be applied at low temperatures, meaning little effect to the substrate metal
• Is suitable for complex and irregular geometries, including holes and bores
• Adherence is excellent, meaning little risk of de-lamination or flaking during use
• Hard chrome plating process is, as the name implies, known for its hardness. This property helps it withstand the wear of industrial use including severe mechanical contact. As plated, it has a hardness of between 68 and 72 on the Rockwell C Scale.
• When you add all of these advantages up, you’re getting a quality chrome finish that reduces operating costs and minimizes downtime thanks to the improved wear resistance, hardness and corrosion response of your plated parts
On top of the practical and empirical benefits of hard chrome plating process, it also provides a bright and appealing finish, making it suitable for parts that will be visible or on display. An even smoother finish can be achieved by grinding and polishing, making our hard chrome plating process ideal for ball bearing and sliding guide applications as well.
•.20um-1000um Chrome thickness
•Length Capacity up to 3.25 meter
•Large Parts Capacity
Lubricity: Produces a hard chrome plating process , (approximately 68 Rc) lubricious surface. Coefficient of friction .15
Adhesion: Applied electrolytically, resulting in a superior bond to plating or coatings applied without the use of electricity (i.e. electroless nickel, etc.).
Heat Resistance: -400 to 1300 Fahrenheit. Above 1300 Fahrenheit it will react with carbon monoxide, sulfur vapor and phosphorus.
Appearance: . hard Chrome plating process reflects the appearance of the base metal. It can be polished to achieve the desired finish.
Standards: Conforms with ASTM-B177, AMS-2438a (10/98), ASM-2406, QQ-C-320B Class 2 Type 1 & 2